You can cancel your Planet Fitness membership if unsatisfied with the service. This article will explain how.
You can cancel your Planet Fitness membership online. Learn more about canceling your Planet Fitness membership online.
Any club, including Planet Fitness, can be a big decision requiring planning and consideration about your ability to participate. There may be times when your Planet Membership must be terminated due to unforeseeable circumstances. It’s perfectly normal and not to be worried about. It is essential to know how to end your subscription.
No matter your cancellation type, you must submit a Statement Of Intent to cancel your Planet Membership. Planet Fitness wants to know why customers cancel their subscriptions, even though it might seem difficult for them.
This is what your Statement Of Intent will look like—a simple explanation of your reasons for ending your contract. It would be best if you thought about this before submitting it, as it could affect the cancellation process.
You should include documentation in your Statement of Intent if you are canceling due to an injury or other health problem that would prevent you from using Planet Fitness’ services over a prolonged period. You are more likely not to incur any charges if you can prove that a medical condition caused your cancellation.
These are some cancellation tips to consider
It’s easy to cancel your Planet Fitness membership once you understand the options well. However, there are some things that you should keep in mind before you begin the cancellation process.
Take into account the following:
- Cancellation of a 1-month contract prior to the 10th day.
- Canceling an entire year contract before the 25th day of any month
- Canceling your contract prior to the end of the billing cycle
These details are essential because Planet Fitness adheres strictly to strict standards. If you try to cancel outside of their procedures, it is most likely that you will not be able to.
Understanding Your Contract
You should carefully read your contract before you cancel. Planet Fitness offers many “no contract” and “no sign-up fee” options that may confuse you about how and why you should terminate your membership.
- You should read the entire contract. Check for details such as the contract’s exact terms, length and expiration dates.
- Planet Fitness is a common place to sign a one-year contract. Make sure you double-check.
- Keep track of the billing period. You must end your monthly contract before the 10th day of each month. For annual contracts, terminate before the 25th of each month.
- You should check to see if any costs are involved in canceling your membership.
Cancellation Fees Are Not Charged
Planet Fitness will most likely charge you for canceling your membership. It may surprise you, but Planet Fitness usually charges you for canceling your membership.
Planet Fitness might be able to waive cancellation fees in two situations:
- Injury or medical reasons may prevent you from exercising or using gym facilities.
- You can move out of the region to a Planet Fitness area where you are a Member.
First, Planet Fitness will not reimburse cancellation fees unless you are in one of these situations. Plan to cover any possible cancellation costs.
To have your costs waived, you will need to prove that you are in one of these categories.
Here are some ways to prove your case:
- You must submit a letter from your doctor stating that you cannot use the Planet Fitness facilities. To avoid misunderstandings, ask your doctor to specify the time when you will not be able to use the facilities. This will let you know that your contract is no longer relevant.
- You must prove that you are not within 25 miles (40 km) of any Planet Fitness facility to be eligible for a fee waiver. Planet Fitness loves to transfer memberships. If they find another facility nearby, they will only be able to cancel their membership with penalty. This can be done by asking your employer to sign a statement confirming your move and indicating your new address. If you are genuinely concerned, bring a map showing your current location and the nearest Planet Fitness.
Your Planet Membership can be terminated, but costs will be assessed based on your specific circumstances.
How do I cancel my Planet Fitness subscription?
It is important to remember that Planet Fitness does not offer an online cancellation option. Planet Fitness doesn’t offer an online cancellation option for their memberships. Planet Fitness does not offer an online cancellation option, so you don’t have to waste time searching for it.
You can cancel your Planet Fitness membership by calling, visiting your nearest Planet Fitness location, or sending it in writing.
Take a look at the video before you continue.
1. Cancellation in-person of your membership
- Make sure you have all the information you need before you visit your local Planet Fitness.
- i. Unique number that identifies you and allows you to be a member.
- ii. ii.
- iii. Valid driver’s license
- iv. Your address at which you signed your contract.
- Write a Statement Of Intent.
- i. A page that contains pertinent information about membership and the reason for cancellation.
- ii. Include a reference in your letter to any fee waiver paperwork.
- Call Planet Fitness to cancel your appointment.
- Attend the meeting and give your Statement of Intent.
Obtain confirmation of cancellation
- i. You can request written confirmation that your membership was canceled.
- ii. Get the signature of the employee responsible for canceling the order.
- f. Confirm that your credit cards will not be charged in the future.
- i. You must make the last payment if you are required to pay another one.
- ii. For future billing issues, please get in touch with us.
- Pay attention to any additional charges incurred to your credit card after the cancellation.
- Contact customer service if you see charges or visit the store in person.0861 496 463 (Call Center)
2. Mailing Your Membership Cancellation
- For your project, create a Statement Of Intent.
- All documents that could result in a waiver of fees should be included.
- It can be taken to the post office for certification.
- You will need to provide a signature at the time of delivery. This will allow Planet Fitness to verify that you have canceled.
- Include a request to cancel confirmation in your Statement Of Intent.Ask Planet Fitness to contact you and provide you with written confirmation of your cancellation.
- After you have sent the cancellation, check your bank account to ensure you are not being charged again.
Contact Planet Fitness to see if you have any questions.
There are no worries when it comes to canceling your Planet Fitness subscription. You can follow clear steps. Once you cancel, choose the preferred method and follow the steps. You can always talk to the Planet Fitness staff at the nearest location if you have questions.
You might be interested in joining Anytime Fitness.
Many have asked, “Why is it so difficult to cancel my planet fitness membership?” This blog will discuss why canceling an ongoing membership is so tricky.
Most Frequently Asked Questions
What is the cancellation policy for Planet Fitness?
Planet Fitness charges a $10 cancellation fee.
How can you cancel your Planet Fitness membership?
By going to the front desk, you can cancel your gym membership.
Is it that difficult to cancel your Planet Fitness membership?
It is difficult to cancel a Planet Fitness Membership.